Monday, March 19, 2012

Chocolate Bird Nests On Spoons

I came across this cute treat on Pinterest.  I knew we had to try it, all that chocolate plus mini eggs.  PLUS MINI EGGS!  You need just a few items and MINI EGGS.  We followed the recipe but I wanted a fuller nest.  I decided to use vanilla wafers to fill the nest out.  I just put a dab of melted chocolate on the spoon, added the vanilla wafer and followed the directions.  They turned out great and pretty tasty too.  I think the vanilla wafer added a certain little oomph.  Beware, the brown sprinkles end up everywhere.

Below is a  shot of ours nests packaged and ready for giving..  be sure to check out the original post http://www.cutefoodforkids.com/2012/03/chocolate-bird-nest-on-spoon-for-easter.html




1 comment:

Tiffany Yang said...

Hi Jean,
I'm so glad you like this egg nest idea, and thank you so much for the link. Btw, I love love the bird you added! What a fun idea!