Friday, February 8, 2013

Valentine Treats From Pinterest

Yes once again I had to try out something I found on Pinterest.  See that cute little basketful there? Yep we made those. I tried to find the directions from a pin but it didn't lead me to any diections so we had to wing it.
First I melted some chocolate chips in the microwave.  Then I sprinkled some sprinkle hearts on a paper plate.  And last we dipped ptretzel sticks into the chocolate then onto a sprikle, and laid them on some parchment paper to dry.  Then we did the same thing with peanut butter chips.  We let them harden over night.  The next day the chocolate ones had spots on them- not sure if the salt from the pretzels caused this or if the chocolate was too hot.  They tasted pretty good though.  The peanut butter chip ones turned out looking and tasting great.
Tip:  Ours were not perfect as a picture because we laid them on the parchment paper.  If you want yours perfectly rounded you'll have to prop them up somehow. 

I like them looking cute and imperfect,  here is a picture of the original ones:


1 comment:

BACON said...

they would be good with bacon bits--I'm just sayin..